|MEDAL LEFT :||552||–||552||=||0|
- Day 1: Thailand leads with 3 gold, 1 bronze. Following is Indonesia with 2 gold, 2 silvers and 1 bronze. At number three Myanmar (Burma) with 2 silvers and Singapore at number four with 1 silver, 2 bronzes. (All medals are from canoeing).
- Day 2: (@3PM update), Singapore jumped over Thailand who was ranked #1 on the first competition day. Today Singapore is following Indonesia who tops the medals collection with 10 golds, 9 silvers and 1 bronze. But still half way to go for today’s competition. There still 28 more gold medals to be collected. @11 pm: Days two competitions completed. 43 gold medals have been delivered. Indonesia collected most of the gold medals and Tops the medal tally position. Singapore did very well today with 7 gold, 8 silvers and 8 bronzes made Singapore on the 2nd place of the daily rank. Following at Number three is Thailand.
- Day 3:(@update 2.30pm) Indonesia still tops the medal tally followed by Thailand who replaced Singapore on the 2nd place. Amazingly Thailand swept away all the four medals available for Martial arts “Tae Kwondo“. What’s confusing up to the 3rd days is that Malaysia doesn’t seem to make any progress. I thought Malaysia is one of the favorite champions. What happening? Meanwhile, Big changes happened in the medal tally position. Singapore slipped to #4 below Vietnam and Thailand who is still on the 2nd place and entangled to Indonesia that seems to be much stronger topping the medal tally position with 40 gold, 20 silvers and 19 bronzes (email@example.comPM). Sp Note: Indonesian U-23 Football Team beats out Thailand 3-1 in the Quarter Final.
- Day 4: No changes in Medal Tally position. Indonesia getting far far away leading the position. (@update 7.20PM), Vietnam is getting close to Thailand with only three gold differences. Timor Leste is finally earns its very first bronze medal and First Gold medal for Laos. (@update 10PM) Indonesian woman team failed to win the gold medal after defeated by Thailand in the Final badminton woman Teams.
- Day 5: aside from the medal tally position, today two big matches will be held. First is the Final Badminton Men Teams Indonesia vs Malaysia at 15.00WIB (GMT+7), 2nd is Pra-Piala Dunia 2014 Timnas Indonesia vs Iran. In the previous match Iran beats out Indonesia 3-0. @8pm update, Indonesia beats out Malaysia 3-1 in the Final Badminton Men Teams. Indonesian TIMNAS again falls to Iran 4-1 in Pra-Piala Dunia 2014.
- Day 6: @update 1.30PM, Vietnam replaced Thailand on the second place of medal tally position. Both countries earn same 49 gold medals but Vietnam earns more Silvers. @update 8.00PM, Malaysia moved up to #4.
- Day 7: Indonesia still leading, followed by Vietnam and Thailand. Singapore is taking back the fourth place from Malaysia. (@update 10AM). Today’s Match! Quarter Final Individual Badminton. @Update 2PM. Indonesian pair women’s double Anneke Agustina/Nitya Krishinda beat out Malaysian Vivian Hoo/ Khe Wei in the quarter final Individual Badminton. Anneke/Krishinda is the first pair to go to Semifinal. Indonesian second best (used to be world no.1) Men’s double Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan made it to Semifinal after defeating Thailand’s Bodin Isara/Maneepong Jongjit 21-17, 21-15 in the quarter final. @update 3.30PM. All indonesian Badminton players made it through to Semifinal Sea Games 2011. (@update 9PM) Football Sea Games Indonesia vs Malaysia. 1st round Malaysia leads 1-0. Goal maker is M. Syahrul. Indonesia for the very first time in the Sea Games 2011 failed and its to Malaysia 0-1.
- Day 8: Semifinal Badminton, Indonesia Mixed Double Mohammad Rijal/Debby Susanto failed to make their way to the Final after beaten up by Thailand’s Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungton. Taufik Hidayat in Semifinal Men’s single failed to follow the other fellas of Indonesian to the Final.
- Day 9: Thailand is back on the second row of the medal tally position. Vietnam is following at number three. (BADMINTON) Singapore’s Fu Mingtian won the Gold Medal Badminton Woman’s Single after defeating Adrianti Firdasary from Indonesia in the Final. (All Indonesian Final) Men’s double Markis Kido/Hendra setiawan failed to Bona Septano (Kido’s Lil’ Brother)/Muhammad Ahsan 25-23, 21-10 and woman’s double Vita Marissa/Nadya Melati failed to their junior Anneke Feinya Agustin/Nitya Krishinda. Indonesian Mixed double Ahmad Tantowi/Lilyana Natsir beat out Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoughton from Thailand 21-7, 21-14. (TENNIS) Women’s Single, Ayu Fani Damayanti and Christopher Benjamin Rungkat (Men’s Single) made their way through to Final. In the final Christoper will meet Thailand’s Danai Udomchoke who defeated Alexander Elbert from Indonesia in the Semifinal. (FOOTBALL) Malaysia made it to Final after beating Myanmar 1-0. Malaysia will be meeting either Indonesia or Vietnam in the Final.(FOOTBALL) Indonesia finally beats out Vietnam 2-0. Goal makers for Indonesia are Patrich Wanggai and Titus Bonai. The Final will be a reunion between two HOT TEAMS Indonesia vs Malaysia. Meanwhile, something changed in the medal tally position Timor Leste getting up from the bottom. With 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bronzes Timor Leste is now on the 10th position.
- Day 10: Indonesia is getting tougher on top. With only 61 gold medals left, it seems like Indonesia is locking up the overall champion this year.
- Day 11: Indonesia finally locked up the overall champion. But this winning will not be so joyful as winning another Gold Medal from football. Indonesian “Garuda Muda” vs Malaysian Harimau Muda will do a “big fight” for the most prestigious title in the Sea Games. Meanwhile, in the battle of the 3rd place, Myanmar beats out Vietnam 4-1.
- Day 11: The Closing Ceremony
The 26th SEA GAMES 2011 is held in Jakarta and Palembang starting November 11th, 2011 up to November 22nd, 2011.
Captured from: Official site SEA GAMES 2011
Also have a look at the history of Sea games Champions of all time
So far, Indonesia is holding a record of a nine times champions in the Sea Games History. Following is Thailand with Five times champion, Malaysia and Vietnam share a place at number 3 with one time champion each.
Who will be the 2011 SEA GAMES champion? Will it be Thailand who was the champion in the previous Sea Games event? Or Indonesia who hosting this year event?
Data source: wikipedia
- Indonesia in the Sea Games History (dasanbaru.wordpress.com)
- AGNES MONICA will be the opening Act of SEA GAMES 2011 (dasanbaru.wordpress.com)
- The Most Spectacular Opening Ceremony In The Sea Games History (dasanbaru.wordpress.com)